MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

1 injured after small house fire in north Abilene

e-n-11th-fire-1500676693434-7564110-ver1-0.png

ABILENE, Texas - One person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries Friday after a fire at a house in north Abilene.

According to the Abilene Fire Department, the fire happened around 4:10 p.m. at a house in the 700 block of E. North 11th Street. Crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly after arriving, a news release said.

The victim, who hasn't been identified at this time, was taken to the hospital in a personal vehicle.

Investigators said the fire was caused by an overloaded extension cord that was being used to power a window-mounted air conditioning unit.

The house received about $5,000 in fire and smoke damage, AFD said.

Watch KTXS News at 10 to hear from a neighbor who risked his own safety and ran in to save the homeowner's pets.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending