Brownwood approves contract to fix city potholes
BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Brownwood City Council has approved a contract to fix potholes around several areas.
Council members voted at Tuesday's meeting to award the job to a construction company that submitted the lowest bid at $94,300, according to City Manager Emily Crawford. The city is using money from the 2016 Bond Fund to pay for the project.
Asphalt that's an inch thick will be placed over five different streets to create a smooth driving surface, according to the city.
Crawford told KTXS construction dates and sequences have not been set.
Here are the streets that will be paved:
- Coggin Avenue from 14th Street to Hwy 377
- Coleman Avenue from Hwy 377 to Cordell Street
- Shaw Drive from Coggin Ave to Good Shepherd Drive
- Good Shepherd Drive from Shaw Drive to Good Shepherd Circle
- Good Shepherd Circle from Good Shepherd Drive to Good Shepherd Drive.