MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Cigarette blamed for north Abilene house fire, 1 burned

img-2621-1505885036142-8641961-ver1-0.jpg

ABILENE, Texas - Fire investigators believe a late night fire that damaged a north Abilene home and injured one person was started by an improperly discarded cigarette.

At 11:05 p.m., the Abilene Fire Department was called to a home in the 1400 block of North 6 th Street. When firefighters arrived, heavy fire and smoke were coming from the front of a duplex.

Four people were inside the duplex when the fire started. One of them suffered minor burns. They were transported to Hendrick Medical Center for treatment and later released.

Damage is estimated at $15,000.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending