MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Firefighters say sparks caused north Abilene business fire

walnut-fire-1485051299262-5686805-ver1-0.jpg

ABILENE, Texas - Firefighters responded to a fire at a north Abilene business Saturday afternoon.

It happened at Abilene Heating and Plumbing at about 5:30 p.m.

That's in the 1000 block of Walnut Street.

Firefighters said an employee was working inside when sparks ignited a flammable liquid.

The fire spread quickly, and the employee suffered minor burns and some smoke inhalation.

He was transported to the hospital.

Damages are estimated at $100,000.

Investigators said the fire was accidental.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending