Snyder veteran loses home on Easter Sunday
A veteran's family was left without a home after a fire ripped through his living room Easter Sunday.
The foundation of the home still stands on the 3000 block of 41 st Street, but the Snyder Volunteer Fire Department said the house isn't a total loss.
Lonnie Fisk and his family have lived in the home for eight years. He is a Desert Storm veteran who served in the U.S. Army for nine years.
Kathleen McMullen a friend of the family is raising money through GoFundMe account to help the family pay their insurance deductible of $1,200.
"I just can't imagine you know your whole life goes down in an instant," she said. "Lonnie's the type of person who would do anything for anyone but wouldn't ask for anything in return for anyone else."
The fire began in the living room and burst through the Fisk family's front windows. The family was outside when the blaze started. Snyder VFD said a neighbor called 911 and it took them about an hour to get the fire under control.
Everything inside the home is covered in soot and singed.