MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Woman suffers minor burns from fire at north Abilene house

walnut-st-fire-1485588562217-5742790-ver1-0.JPG

ABILENE, Texas - A house in the 2300 block of Walnut Street caught fire late Friday night and a woman staying inside had to be taken to the hospital for minor injuries.

It happened shortly before midnight, a battalion chief told KTXS at the scene. A lit candle inside the house was knocked over and caught a bed on fire.

The flames then spread and caused significant damage to the house.

The woman was taken to Hendrick Medical Center to be treated for minor burns. Several dogs were inside the house, the battalion chief said, but their conditions weren't known.

Police said the woman didn't have any electricity in the house and was using a propane space heater to keep warm.

Damage estimates to the house have not yet been determined, and fire investigators will continue to gather information.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending