MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

6 puppies killed in central Abilene structure fire

CENTRAL ABILENE FIRE.jpg

ABILENE, Texas -- Six one-week-old puppies were killed in an early Tuesday morning structure fire in central Abilene.

The two-alarm blaze occurred about 5 a.m. in the 2400 block of South 3rd Street.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy flames and smoke coming from a storage building located behind a residence.

“Attack crews were able to gain access to the structure and quickly brought the fire under control,” an Abilene Fire Department news release said.

The structure is a “complete loss” with damages estimated at $5,000.

The residence wasn’t damaged, and the family was able to return home.

The fire has been ruled accidental.

“A heat lamp was being used for six one-week-old puppies who lost their lives in the fire,” the release said.

KTXS will provide additional details as they become available.



close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending