MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Elderly woman dies in Abilene house fire early on Sunday morning

A residential fire early on Sunday morning in Abilene has left an elderly woman dead.

Just before 3:15 on Sunday morning, an officer from the Abilene Police Department observed smoke coming out of a two-story residence located at 2317 Adam Avenue. The officer then contacted dispatchers and the Abilene Fire Department was sent to the residence.

Once the Abilene Fire Department arrived on the scene, they found both smoke and flames rising from the home on 2317 Adam Avenue. Firefighters made their initial attack on the blaze and entered the house, where they found an unresponsive occupant inside. The firefighters then removed the occupant from the structure and lifesaving procedures were initiated on the occupant, who was subsequently transported to a local hospital.

The person found inside of the home, identified as 78-year-old Joan House, was pronounced dead as a result of her injuries from the fire in the hospital.

A second alarm response was called over to the scene of the fire, which eventually led to the blaze being brought under control and extinguished.

The residence suffered heavy damage from the fire, which was determined to be accidental by investigators.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending