Roof catches fire at Hamlin motel


HAMLIN, Texas - A motel in Hamlin caught fire Wednesday afternoon before volunteer fire crews extinguished it.

According to the Hamlin Police Department, a roof at the Pied Piper Hamlin Inn caught fire and spread through at least one room.

(VIDEO: Roof catches fire at Pied Piper Hamlin Inn)

Crews from the Hamlin Volunteer Fire Department arrived at the scene in the 900 block of South Central Avenue to battle the fire. Police said the fire was extinguished before 4:45 p.m.

It's unknown at this time if anybody was injured by the fire, and the extent of damages has yet to be determined.

KTXS will update this article as we learn more.