Street flooding in Brownwood, street closures reported
BROWNWOOD, Texas - Rain Thursday night and Friday morning has forced the city of Brownwood to close several streets.
City Managers Emily Crawford says the following streets have been closed:
* CC Woodson from Williams Ranch Rd. to Milton Ave.
* S. Broadway from CC Woodson to Pecan.
* Trapp from Fisk to Riverside
* Riverside from Trapp to Fay
* Riverside from Commerce to Market St.
* Market St from Riverside to Market Place Blvd.
* Cordell low water crossing at Adams Branch.
* Lee from Cordell to Victoria.
* Vine St underpass.
*Brady from Ave A to 1st
* Rogan from Brady to Ave B
* Cross from Brady to 2nd
*1st from Ave D to Coggin
* Ave E from 1st to 2nd
Pecan Bayou is expected to continue to rise through Friday night.
The sand bag station is still open at the former Higginbotham's location.
Avoid high water areas and obey barricades.
Remember to turn around. Don't drown.