Texas teen injured after putting flame to live rifle round
WACO, Texas (AP) - A Waco teenager suffered a gunshot wound to the head when he placed a flame to a live rifle round and it exploded.
Police say the 13-year-old boy was critically wounded Saturday night at his home.
He was using a cigarette lighter to heat the round when the explosion caused the bullet and casing to separate and the bullet penetrated his forehead and became lodged behind his eye.
The boy was home with an older sibling and was rushed to the hospital by private car.
The teen was taken to a Waco hospital before being transferred to a children's hospital in Temple.