MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Family loses 'everything,' including 2 dogs, in Lueders fire; GoFundMe page set up

family1-1514306726800-9794163-ver1-0.jpg

LUEDERS, Texas -  A GoFundMe page has been set up to help a Lueders family who lost everything in a Christmas Eve fire that claimed the lives of two family dogs.

The fire occurred in the 300 block of East Cook Street late Sunday night.

Elizabeth Soto was happy that her husband, Richard, and two daughters survived, but saddened by the loss of property and the family pets.

“It’s all gone,” Soto said in a Facebook video post showing heavy smoke billowing from the leveled house. “What you see is what we’ve got left. I can only thank God that I got the girls out.”

Sniffling, she added, “We lost two dogs.”

On Tuesday, as her home still smoldered, Elizabeth described what happened as soon as she realized her house was on fire.

She said she got up to use the restroom towards the back of the house when she noticed the smoke.

"I just got met by smoke and I saw flames coming out of the closet in the back bedroom and I yelled for Brandon and he yelled for me to get the kids out," she said. "So I grabbed both kids on my shoulders and ran out on my broken leg as fast as I could."  

According to the GoFundMe page, “They lost clothes, shoes, everything… even 2 beautiful puppies named Coco and Dutchess… plz they are such a great family and have 3 beautiful daughters...anything will help God bless.”

"Two years worth of memories, gone,” Elizabeth said. "Five minutes from the time that I saw the fire to the time I got the girls out the whole back of the house was already gone so I don't know what would've happened if I waited any longer to get up."

The fire remains under investigation.

KTXS will provide additional details as they become available.

 

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending