Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes ofwebsite accessibilityFirefighters battle north Abilene blaze | KTXS
Close Alert

Fire Department: Family of 4 displaced after north Abilene house fire

Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon
Comment bubble

By Doug Myers & Joe Fry/KTXS News

ABILENE, Texas -- A family of four has been displaced after a fire Monday morning at a home in the 1300 block of Shelton Street.

The blaze was called in shortly after 10 a.m.

Abilene fire officials say the fire was "electrical in nature" and started in a closet, according to an Abilene Fire Department news release.


Damages were estimated at $20,000, fire officials said.

No one was home during the fire. No injuries were reported.

The family will be able to return to the home after repairs are made. Their Christmas-related items were reportedly ruined during the blaze.

During the fire, Shelton Street was blocked off from North 14th Street to North 10th Street.

"Smoke was showing from the attic space on arrival (by firefighters)," the fire department news release said. "Firefighters were able to stop the fire quickly."

Comment bubble

KTXS News will provide additional detail and they become available.

Loading ...