Fire heavily damages south Abilene home on Christmas Eve
ABILENE, Texas —
Fire heavily damaged a home in south Abilene on Christmas Eve.
The fire in the 2100 block of S. 35th Street started around 1:30 p.m., according to the Abilene Fire Department.
Video sent to KTXS by a witness shows thick black smoke billowing from the home before firefighters were able to put it out.
That smoke was seen by people around town.
Damage is estimated at $100,000.
The family of four that lives there will be staying with other family members for the holidays.