North Abilene home catches fire after woman falls asleep while cooking


    (Jesse Smith/KTXS)

    A north Abilene home caught fire overnight after a woman fell asleep while cooking.

    Around 2 a.m. Tuesday morning, fire crews responded to an active fire at 2002 Yorktown Drive.

    According to a battalion chief, a woman started cooking a meal, but fell asleep after taking medicine.

    Her daughter came home, saw the house on fire and called 911.

    Everyone made it out safely, including two dogs.


    News In Photos

      Loading ...