ABILENE, Texas — The Abilene sports bar where a man was shot and killed over the weekend has been temporarily shut down.
During a press conference Monday afternoon, Abilene Police Chief Stan Standridge said he contacted the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission about the shooting and several others at the MC Sports Bar and Taqueria in the 4000 block of N 1st Street .
TABC authorized a temporary suspension, meaning the bar will be closed for seven days.
However, APD is working with TABC to permanently revoke the bar's license.
Police say Eusabio Jose Perez, Jr. got into a fight with Adrian Jasso, 27, around 1:30 a.m. Sunday, went outside to get a gun and fired a shot through the side door hitting Jasso in the head.
Standridge confirmed Jasso was a member of the West Texas Tango Blast gang. Police, however, do not believe the shooting was gang related.
Perez and Jasso were both released from prison late last year. But, they were not incarcerated together.
There was a second shooting Sunday morning in the 900 block of North Bowie Street. Standridge said the department does not know yet whether the two are related.