Cisco woman bitten multiple times by rattlesnake
CISCO, Texas —
A Cisco woman is recovering after being bitten by a rattlesnake multiple times on Wednesday morning.
Pam Duncan, a school nurse at Cisco ISD, was clearing out wasp nests around her home at around 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday when she suddenly felt pain in both of her feet, according to her daughter.
When Duncan initially felt the pain in her feet, she believed that she had been stung by a wasp.
However, when Duncan looked down, she saw that she had stepped on a rattlesnake and realized that she had been bitten on one of her feet multiple times and bitten once on her other foot.
As a result of being bitten by the rattlesnake, Duncan was transported by helicopter to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene.
According to Hendrick Medical Center, Duncan is currently in their hospital's intensive care unit and is in fair condition.
KTXS News will have more information on this developing story once further details become available.