MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Fire destroys 2-story home in Clyde, 9 escape

A two-story house in Clyde was destroyed by fire on Monday afternoon. But nine people escaped unharmed.

Firefighters responded to the home on Union Hill Road, north of I-20, around 4 p.m.

The home was engulfed in flames and the roof collapsed.

Power lines fell on the home, delaying firefighting efforts until the power company arrived to shut off electricity.

The family said the fire started in an upstairs bedroom and is believed to be electrical in nature.

Owner Bobby Chittum told KTXS that he's had a rough couple of months. His wife died in December and he was just diagnosed with lung cancer.

The family -- which lost everything -- does not have insurance.

There were several dogs in the home. Some of them are still missing.


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending