MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

4 escape house fire in north Abilene

Abilene firefighters battled a house fire in the 2300 block of Mockingbird Lane.

The fire started around 7 p.m.

Timothy Collins said he was driving by the home when he saw flames coming from the garage.

Collins said he stopped, called 911 and then ran to see if everyone was out.

The fire department said everyone made it out safely.

Damage is estimated at $20,000.

The cause of the fire is faulty electrical wiring, according to the fire department.

The fire spread to a neighboring house causing an additional $5,000 in damage.

Anybody who would like to help the family affected by the fire can donate to the GoFundMe page set up for them at the following link: https://www.gofundme.com/5zujips

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending