COLUMBUS, Ohio (WSYX) — Some students became ill Tuesday after eating gummies shared by another student at an Ohio elementary school, officials said.
Columbus City Schools said a school nurse at Fairwood Elementary School had two students who got sick in the afternoon. They were taken to a hospital for evaluation as a precaution.
A district official said they learned the students ate "marijuana-infused gummies" shared by another student.
A letter was sent to district families Wednesday, a day after the incident, asking them to talk with students about appropriate items to bring to school and not eating anything given to them by another student or adult.
Fairwood Principal Stacy Harris-Macarthy wrote that the students are feeling better Wednesday and that she will be "taking the appropriate counseling and disciplinary action."