Man, 29, injured in motorcycle-truck collision
AMARILLO, Texas (KVII) —
A 29-year-old man was injured Tuesday, Dec. 11, when his motorcycle collided with a truck, according to an Amarillo Police Department news release.
The man, whose name has not been released, was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, according to the APD release.
The accident remains under investigation.
According to the APD news release:
- On Dec.11 at 11:58 p.m., APD officers were dispatched to an accident involving a motorcycle collided with a truck at Republic Avenue and Western Street.
- A 2018 Harley Davidson driven by a 29-year-old man was northbound on Western Street.
- A 1998 Ford F-150 driven by a 38-year-old man was westbound on Republic turning southbound onto Western.
- The Harley struck the Ford.
- The motorcycle driver was taken to local area hospital with life threatening injuries. He was not wearing a helmet.
- The driver of the truck was uninjured.
- The incident is being investigated by the Traffic Investigation Squad of the Amarillo Police Department.