Nearly 30 people killed by keyless cars, report says
Drivers of keyless cars, listen up.
Since 2006, at least 28 people have died of carbon monoxide poisoning because drivers forgot to turn off the ignition and dozens more have been injured from the gas. That's according to a report in the New York Times.
Three years ago there was a class action lawsuit linked to carbon monoxide deaths and keyless cars, but that suit was dismissed by a judge in 2016.
The Society of Automotive Engineers called for automakers to have features, like beeps, to warn drivers if their vehicles were still running.
Some car companies agreed to do so voluntarily, but others have not.